Visitors’ Visas (B1/B2)

Long Island Visitor Visa Attorney

The U.S. issues B1 visas for business travelers and B2 visas for tourists (individuals who are visiting for pleasure or those seeking medical treatment).

B1, “visitors for business” visas are issued in the same way as B2 tourist visas. Thus, if you have an old B2 visa from a vacation trip to the U.S., it may still be usable for a business trip.

For travelers who come to the U.S. under the visa-waiver program (VWP), it is usually not necessary to apply for a B2 visitor visa at all, if the candidate intends to be in the U.S. for no more than three months.

Individuals visiting the U.S. on business should obtain a B-1 when the purpose of their trip is to:

  • Discuss investments, purchases or sales
  • Negotiate agreements
  • Conduct business research
  • Take part in business meetings
  • Interview employee applications and hire staff

Persons who live outside the U.S. but intend to tour the country for pleasure, visit friends and relatives, to receive medical treatment or to participate in amateur music or sporting events should apply for the B2 visa.

Immigration Services and Immigrants Injured

Motorvehicle Accidents
Construction Site Accidents
Mesothelioma / Asbestos
bad drugs
Medical Product Defects
medical malpractice
product liability

If you have been hurt in an accident or by a product, you may be entitled to a cash reward. It is important to have an attorney who understands your legal status in the United States guide you through these types of cases while protecting your rights so you receive the compensation you are entitled to.

Assistance with DS-160 , the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application Form

The DS-10 is for temporary travel to the United States, and for K (fiancé(e)) visas. The form is submitted electronically to the Department of State website via the Internet. Consular Officers use the information entered on the DS-160 to process the visa application and combined with a personal interview, determine an applicant’s eligibility for a nonimmigrant visa.

The DS-160 is a user-friendly web-based application that is quicker and more convenient than previous paper forms. One of its features is the ability to upload digital passport photographs.

Contact a NY Immigration Lawyer

If you are planning on temporary travel to the United States, New York Immigration attorney William A. Streppone will be pleased to assist you preparing a DS-160 and applying for the correct type of visa needed for your travels.

Call the Law Offices of William A. Streppone at (631)-265-3988 to schedule a free initial consultation. If you prefer, you may also our online form to contact our office.

 Contact us for a free consultaion


William A. Streppone - Immigration Attorney