L1A and L1B Professional Visas

Intra-Company Transferee (L)

Intra-Company Transferee (L) visas are important nonimmigrant visas available to employees of foreign companies. L visas permit foreign nationals being transferred by their current employer to enter the U.S. in order to manage an organization or a major function or division of a related organization.


Immigration Services and Immigrants Injured

Motorvehicle Accidents
Construction Site Accidents
Mesothelioma / Asbestos
bad drugs
Medical Product Defects
medical malpractice
product liability

If you have been hurt in an accident or by a product, you may be entitled to a cash reward. It is important to have an attorney who understands your legal status in the United States guide you through these types of cases while protecting your rights so you receive the compensation you are entitled to.

The Differences between L1A and L1B Visas

There are two kinds of L1 visa. The L1A is designated for managers and executives, individuals with supervisory responsibility for professional staff and/or for a key function, department or subdivision of the employer. The L1B is the specialized knowledge visa, for staff members with knowledge of the company’s products/services, research, systems, proprietary techniques, management or procedures.


What the L1 Visa Allows

  • You can be transferred to the United States to work here legally for a U.S. company that is a branch, subsidiary, affiliate or joint venture partner of a company that already employs you outside the U.S.
  • You may travel inside and outside the U.S., or remain here without interruption until the expiration of your L1 status.
  • You may apply for a green card directly through your employment, avoiding labor certification requirements.
  • You may seek lawful permanent residence while pursuing or being present in the U.S.

Qualifying For an L1 Visa

  • Employers seeking to transfer a qualifying employee of the same organization to the U.S. must first obtain permission from the USCIS. William A. Streppone can help you with this process.
  • Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for the L1 visa, provided the specific qualifications for the visa are satisfied.
  • To qualify for an L1 visa, the company you are being transferred to must be either a branch, subsidiary, affiliate or joint venture partner of your non-U.S. employer.
  • Your employment in the company must be as a manager, an executive or a person with specialized knowledge and skills.

Contact Us – NY Immigration Law Firm

For more information on Intra-Company Transferee (L) visas, call the Law Offices of William A. Streppone at (631)265-3988 to schedule a free initial consultation. Our New York immigration law firm has been helping clients with L1A and L2B visas since 1996. Let us know how we can assist you with your visa requirement. 

 Contact us for a free consultaion



William A. Streppone - Immigration Attorney