Visa Extensions

Long Island Visa Extension Attorney

If you have a nonimmigrant status, you may be able to extend your stay in the U.S. through a visa extension. To do this you must file for a visa extension with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You should request your extension well before your visa is due to expire.

Nassau and Suffolk County Visa Renewal Lawyer

Information regarding the length of your stay and expiration date can be found on the Form I-94 (arrival/departure documentation), which you received when you entered the country. You should be sure to follow all the provided guidelines and ensure that your passport is valid for the entire duration of your stay.

Applying for an Extension of Stay

You may apply for an extension of stay if:

  • You were lawfully admitted into the U.S. with a nonimmigrant visa.
  • The status of your nonimmigrant visa is still valid.
  • Your passport is valid for the entirety of your stay in the U.S.
  • You have not committed any crimes.

Immigration Services and Immigrants Injured

Motorvehicle Accidents
Construction Site Accidents
Mesothelioma / Asbestos
bad drugs
Medical Product Defects
medical malpractice
product liability

If you have been hurt in an accident or by a product, you may be entitled to a cash reward. It is important to have an attorney who understands your legal status in the United States guide you through these types of cases while protecting your rights so you receive the compensation you are entitled to.

Time Frame for the Visa Extension Process

It is always wise to give plenty of time for an extension of stay to be processed. We suggest applying at least 45 days before your current visa expires. If you fail to do this, it is still possible to obtain an extension provided you can prove that:

  • The delay was the result of extraordinary circumstances outside your control.
  • The length of delay was reasonable.
  • You have not violated your nonimmigrant status in any way.
  • You are still a nonimmigrant (you are not filing for permanent residence).
  • No formal removal proceedings involving you are underway.

The Law Offices of William A. Streppone invite you to call us with visa extension questions. Appealing denials is possible. It is also possible to try a different approach, such as applying for permanent resident status instead.

Serving Long Island- Nassau and Suffolk Counties

If you are unsure of your eligibility for a visa extension, it is important to discuss your situation with an experienced immigration attorney. Take advantage of our free initial consultation at the New York Law Offices of William A. Streppone. Call our office at (631)-265-3988 to schedule an appointment. 

 Contact us for a free consultaion


William A. Streppone - Immigration Attorney